Saturday, July 11, 2009

Desolate Outcry

“Depression”

Desperation is pulling me into despair
My lungs feel as though all the air is leaving them
I am in Pain
My head is hurting for no reason
Grasping at ideas I pull at the air
Gasping for a breath
My heart is contracting ~ aching, tearing apart
My brain is begging to be full of life… And yet
I scream at thoughts running through but not stopping long enough to take hold
This is Depression
Positive thinking is a joke at this moment
Give me music, dancing or happy thoughts
I can not move to react to any
And so I write
Desperate for these words to pull me out
Fill me back up
Bring me back.



“The Shell”

My Head in the Thunder Clouds
Lightening hit’s the Weather Vane of my brain
Short Circuiting the Normal Thoughts
Depression like Rain floods Through
Drawing me into an Empty Shell of Existence
No flowering Creation
Sunny laughter
Just a land Barron and Saturated with Sadness
I sit Alone rocking and stare into the nothing
just wishing
A Penny for your Thoughts
The Lighting cuts through my Heart Breaking with self pity
Thunder in the distance Reminds me the Rain is never far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment